- You can keep money in your account in any currency operated by the bank;
- You can top up your bank account any time and with any amount as well as receive money in cash at any Swedbank’s ATM or customer service office;
- You can conclude an agreement on operating accounts via Swedbank’s electronic banking, by use of the Notification Centre – and manage your personal, your family or several persons’ finances in a simple and convenient way;
- You can pay your bills by order and save because payment orders within the bank are always cheaper, and Swedbank has the highest number of bank accounts held by natural and legal persons;
- You can acquire different types of payment cards for a bank account and get credit limit;
- You can learn the balance of your bank account at an ATM, via Swedbank’s internet bank, using Account Balance by Phone service or the services of the Notification Centre;
- Once you open a deposit account, you will be able to transfer free funds from your bank account to the deposit account – it is a convenient way to safe or receive higher interest rate for the funds you don’t use.
To open a bank account you have to come to any Swedbank’s customer service office and sign a bank account agreement.
All natural persons, citizens of the Republic of Lithuania, foreign citizens and persons without a citizenship can open a bank account, if they present any of the below listed documents to prove their identity:
- ID of a citizen of the Republic of Lithuania;
- ID of a citizen of the European Union;
- Passport of a foreign citizen.
If an account is opened for a minor under the age of 18, the minor’s birth certificate or an extract from birth certificate shall be presented.
If you want to open an account on behalf of another person, an authorisation (power of attorney) certified by a notary public must be provided.
Recommended/sample forms of authorisation for concluding a bank account agreement, an electronic service agreement, or information on how to manage funds in an account can be found under the heading Useful Information.
To open a bank account you will have to submit a Customer Questionnaire for Natural Persons or a Customer Questionnaire for Natural Persons (English) or a Declaration of the Natural Person (Russian) in a form acceptable to (approved by) the bank.
If you think that the bank’s request to complete a Declaration of the Natural Person is unreasonable, please be kind to learn some more details about the implementation of the principle Know Your Customer (KYC).
It should be noted that before opening an account, taking into consideration the risk-based assessment and seeking to duly implement the Know Your Customer principle with regard to the client, the Bank may ask the potential client to submit other (than the above mentioned) additional documents and/or additional written explanations.
No initial contribution is required to open a bank account. You can have an unlimited number of accounts with the bank. If you required, the agreement can be terminated and the money in the account can be collected (withdrawn) at any time.
In accordance with the Republic of Lithuania Law on Insurance of Deposits and Liabilities to Investors, all deposits held at the bank are insured by the State Enterprise Deposit and Investment Insurance (Lithuanian VĮ Indėlių ir investicijų draudimas).
Account switching service is a service provided to a customer, where the customer’s payment account as well as all related services, such as periodical payments, etc. is/are transferred from one payment service provider to another.
What services may be transferred from another payment service provider?
Would you like to transfer services from another payment service provider?
How long will it take to transfer services from another payment service provider?
What payment service providers participate in the provision of the account switching?
Where to lodge a claim?
Please note that if you do not actively use your Swedbank account with a minimum daily service fee, you can attend any branch of Swedbank and close your account or use an account switching service. If you wish to close your bank account, we will transfer the balance of the account to another bank account in your possession or pay cash in any branch of Swedbank that provides cash services. See the list of Swedbank branches that provide cash services on our website.
Recently Lithuania’s people have received e-mails the author of which, for different reasons, asked them to open a bank account in Lithuania with an active electronic operating programme so as to use this account for money transfers to foreign banks. The sender of the e-mail promised to leave a certain amount of money in the account in exchange for such a favour.
If you receive such an e-mail, in no way do what you are requested for. By providing a stranger with an access to your account, you will enable such a person to use your personal details and your account.
If you suspect that you have disclosed secret information to unauthorised/wrong persons or someone attempted to receive this information from you, please report to the bank immediately by phone 1884 or contact us by e-mail.
For more on such cases read on the website http://www.policija.lt/.