|E-signature on an ID card/State Enterprise Centre of Registers USB flash drive
|Daily and monthly limits on transfers for each bank account, per each user
||According to your choice
||Maximum EUR 1 160 per day, EUR 4 000 per month
||According to your choice
||According to your choice
||According to your choice
|Signing agreements on internet bank
|Using the app
||May not be available in certain countries
||Available in any country, but only in a computer with the necessary software installed
||Issuing – free.
Replacement – EUR 1,45
Issuing – 8,69 EUR.
Replacement – 8,69 EUR
|According to the rates of your mobile network operator
||According to the rates applied by the institution issuing the logon tool
|Where to buy
In a bank branch
|In a bank branch
||In a bank branch
||At your mobile network operator’s office
This is a next-generation method that you can use to conveniently and quickly log in to Swedbank’s online banking and mobile banking app, confirm bank transfers and other transactions, and sign contracts without a code card or code generator.
How does it work?
“Smart-ID” is an electronic signature, which has two levels – “Smart-ID” and “Smart-ID basic”. If you create a “Smart-ID” account by using a code card or a code generator, a “Smart-ID basic” account will be created for you. If you create a “Smart-ID” account in a subdivision of the bank or by using your M-signature, your account will be of the “Smart-ID” level.
Why is it worth using?
- You can create your Smart-ID account on any smart device: telephone, tablet or both.
- You can use Smart-ID to log in to Swedbank’s online banking and mobile banking app. In other words, you can use it the same way you’re using a Swedbank code card or code generator now.
- You don’t have to be a mobile subscriber to use Smart-ID. Smart-ID will work anywhere that there is a wireless (Wi-Fi) and/or mobile broadband connection
Easy, simple and free
Create an account
Create a Smart-ID account using the identification method of your choice.
When logging in to online banking or other electronic services, select the Smart-ID login option.
Enjoy Smart-ID: fast and convenient. All you need is internet access – Wi-Fi or mobile broadband both work.
About developer of the Smart-ID app
Swedbank’s long-standing cooperation partner across the Baltics and the developer of the Smart-ID is Estonian company SK ID Solution AS. It has a solid 15 years track of experience as a certification services provider who also issues secure electronic signatures.
More about SK ID Solution AS:
Any questions about Smart-ID?
Smart-ID and smart devices
What devices are eligible for Smart-ID?
Can I have Smart-ID in different devices?
If Smart-ID is used in two devices, do the same PIN codes have to be used?
If I use Smart-ID in different devices, which one will ask for my PIN code, if I connect to e-banking with Smart-ID?
Can different people register their Smart-ID accounts in one device?
Does Smart-ID necessarily have to be in the device I use to connect to the bank?
Account registration and validity
Who can use Smart-ID?
How long can I use my Smart-ID account?
I created my Smart-ID account while using other identification tools issued by another bank. How can I connect to Swedbank with my Smart-ID?
How can I remove Smart-ID account?
I created a Smart-ID account. Are other identification tools provided to me by Swedbank still valid?
Where can I use Smart-ID?
What are the amounts of payments that can be confirmed using Smart-ID?
How much does it cost to use Smart-ID?
Does Smart-ID operate abroad?
Is it necessary to have SIM card to use Smart-ID?
I entered incorrect PIN code. How many trials do I have?
What should I do, if I forget Smart-ID PIN codes?
Whom should I address, if there is any interference while using Smart-ID?
The advantages of Smart-ID in comparison to other forms of identification
I already have a code card. Why should I choose “Smart-ID”?
I already have a PIN code generator. Why should I choose “Smart-ID”?
How is Smart-ID different from mobile-ID?
What steps should be taken when the device with Smart-ID account is lost?
Is it safe to install Smart-ID in a device which is not personal (e.g., in a tablet used by the whole family)?
How is the safety of using Smart-ID ensured?
This solution is for you, if you use internet bank for daily needs only, without transferring big amounts.
By using a code card, transaction limits are established for each bank account, separately (EUR 1 160 daily limit, EUR 4 000 monthly limit). In order to increase the transaction limits, other identification tools need to be acquired.
Code cards are issued free of charge, replacement of a lost card is charged EUR 1.45.
The instructions for logging in with a code card for private clients
When using a code card, certain actions in internet bank or app require additional confirmation with a security code received by SMS.
Which transactions require additional confirmation with a security code received by SMS?
Additional security code received by SMS needs to be entered when making payments exceeding the following limits:
||One transfer limit
||One day limit
|Money transfers to accounts in other payment institutions
|Money transfers to accounts in Swedbank
You have to additionally enter security code received by SMS message in following cases:
- when signing and amending agreements on standing orders and automatic payment of e-invoice, etc.;
- when changing confidential payment details (e.g. providing and changing mobile phone number, to which SMS with additional security code is sent);
- when changing defined payments settings, used to manage the list of trustworthy money recipients;
- when importing payments.
Defined payments: you can make transfers more easily
You can deactivate sending of SMS with additional codes for payments to the recipients who are saved in the list of your defined payments. In this case, when transferring money to the latter recipients, no additional security codes need to be entered irrespective of the transfer amount.
Any questions about the additional security code?
Why don’t I receive an SMS with a confirmation code?
Will SMS solution be available abroad?
What telephone number may be registered for receiving security messages?
For what purposes will my registered telephone number be used?
What should I do if I lost the telephone I have registered for receiving security messages?
What should I do if I want to change the telephone number I have registered for receiving security messages?
Why are additional security measures being implemented?
Do I have to submit my telephone number to the bank, if a code card is not my principal identification means?
Why SMS solution was chosen?
It is an electronic device generating random one-time codes. The generator runs on a battery and when the battery is flat, you must replace the device rather than try to independently replace the battery. The typical battery life is about five years. Replacement is charged a fee.
This device is suitable for those who make a bigger number of transfers, travel frequently or manage big amounts of money.
PIN code generator costs EUR 8.69.
The instructions for logging in with a PIN code generator for private clients
When logging in to internet bank, you can verify your identity and transactions by your mobile electronic signature (Mobile-ID or mobile signature). In order to use it, you must have a mobile phone with a special SIM card and enter the PIN code of your Mobile-ID into it.
To acquire Mobile-ID, please contact your mobile phone operator.
How to start using Mobile-ID?
Activate the option of logging with Mobile-ID
During the login click on Mobile-ID
Enter sPIN code
What to do in case of losing login details?
If you lost your internet bank login codes or suspect that your login details could have been accessed by unauthorised persons, immediately call us at any time of the day or night. The Bank will block your access to your internet bank account immediately preventing access to money held on your account. You can call us to have your internet bank account blocked 24/7:
- For private clients: call 1884 (or +370 5 268 4444)
- For business clients: call 1633 (or +370 5 268 4422)
The Bank will also automatically block access to internet bank in case incorrect login details are entered for five times (user ID or permanent password, or code from a code card/PIN code generator). To have your internet bank unblocked, call 1884/ 1633 (on working days, 8:00 - 20:00; on Saturday, 9:00 - 16:00).
Protect your internet bank login codes
- Under no circumstances, disclose your secret internet bank codes to other persons, including your family members, friends or bank employees. If you want your family members to be able to manage, control and dispose funds on your account(s), or that the employees of your company are able to manage funds in your company’s account(s), request the bank to grant the right to them to log in to your internet bank in their own name and by using their own identification tools, while you are free to revoke this right at any time. Remember, that all internet bank login data (user ID, codes, passwords, etc.) is the key protecting access to your money.
- Keep the code cade in the place inaccessible to other persons. Do not write your ID number on the card.
- Never send your internet bank login data by email.
- Do not write down your permanent password, but rather memorise it or change it on a regular basis – at least every 40 days, is recommended.
- The employees of the company should have personal authentication tools issued in their name to log in to the Internet Bank. Sharing one authentication tool is strictly forbidden.
- Your permanent password should be hard to guess, it should consist of illogical combination of digits, letters and other symbols. Phone numbers, names and other information related with you should not be used. Choose the password of 8-16 symbols.
- Your PIN code should not coincide with any part of your phone number. Avoid PIN similar to dates.
- Change your permanent password or PIN code immediately, if you suspect that your internet bank login data could have been accessed by other persons.
Suspicious emails or calls. Stay alert!
If you receive a suspicious call or email from alleged 'bank employee' or 'officer' requesting you to disclose secret login details – under no circumstances disclose such information. Neither bank employees nor representatives of law enforcement or other institutions ever address residents requesting them to disclose their internet bank details (passwords, codes, etc.). This strategy is frequently used by fraudsters trying to obtain necessary information and steal the money held in the account. Also, stay alert and do not open suspicious emails with potentially data stealing viruses attached. Make sure you log in to the internet bank service by using the correct address (https://ib.swedbank.lt).
- Never disclose your secret login information, unless you are initiating the call with the bank.
- Immediately inform the bank about any suspicious emails or calls.
- Do not click on the links and do not open files attached to suspicious emails.
- Remember – the bank never sends emails requesting for the user ID, password or numbers of code cards, or links to the websites where your details need to be entered.
- The bank never sends emails requesting you to install additional software to improve internet bank possibilities.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, inform us about the incident by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1884 (calling from abroad +370 5 268 4444) - for private clients or 1633 (calling from abroad +370 5 268 4422) - for business clients.
Closing browsing session
If when logged in to internet bank, no activity takes places for 15 minutes, the login session is terminated. You will be asked to re-enter your login details. Time limits are used for security reasons, if a user forgets to log off from his/her account after finishing using internet bank.
The whole flow of internet bank data is encrypted.
Certificate of internet bank page
Before entering your login details, make sure that Swedbank internet bank address is shown in the address field of the browser, which starts https:// You will also see the symbol in the browser window.
When using internet bank on your computer, follow the safety recommendations given below:
- Install antivirus software and select automatic update (at least one automatic update per day).
- Install local firewall. It should be configured to prevent connection to your computer from internet.
- Download security upgrades of all software on a regular basis.
- Use the latest version of your browser and operating system available.
- Activate automatic software updates.
When using internet bank on mobile devices (phones, tablets), follow the safety requirements given below:
- Download apps only from reliable e-shops, such as App Store, Google Play, and Windows Phone Apps – Microsoft store.
- Do no 'crack' your mobile device to evade restrictions set by the mobile communication provider or device manufacturer. Such actions will remove protection installed into your device.
- Use the latest version of your browser and operating system available.
- Be careful with suspicious files. Do not open attachments received from unknown senders, unless you are confident that doing this is safe. Besides, be careful when opening files received from your known senders – their computers can also be infected with virus or spyware. Viruses are usually found in the files ending .exe, .com, .bat, .vb, .vbs, .js, .scr and .pif. Microsoft Office documents can also contain viruses, therefore it is always advisable to be careful before opening them and choose 'No' option, when asked by Word program if you want to run a macro (program script).
- Once you finish internet bank session, log off (by clicking 'Logoff') and close the browser.
Check computer safety
To check if your computer is free of virus, you can use free internet virus scan programs:
Agreement of Electronic Services
When signing the agreement, you can:
- choose the accounts you want to see on your internet bank. If you choose 'All accounts' option, without any additional amendment to the agreement, you will see also the accounts that will be opened in the future;
- set profiles and transaction limits for your accounts (e.g. see account information, but restrict the possibility to make payments, set daily and monthly limits for transactions smaller than allowed by the bank, etc.);
- entitle the other users to log in to your internet bank in their own name and by using their identification tools and set appropriate profiles and transaction limits for your accounts.
Business clients can assign different user's rights to their employees specifying the accounts allowed to be managed on internet bank and set appropriate profile for each account, individually. Further information about profiles applied to business clients is available here. Double acceptance – additional option for payments exceeding the client's set limit. Such payments require additional confirmation by the other user with the appropriate rights.
Business clients having the user rights administration right and using qualified electronic signature, can administer user rights in corporate internet bank as well. Information about the functionality and its possibilities is available here.
Transaction limits for the client and account are set according to you and your business needs.
Client’s daily and monthly limits specify the total amount of funds to be transferred by all users from all the accounts of the client via all E-Channels over the respective period.
Daily and monthly transaction limits for an account are set for every user individually and specifies the amount that a specific user can transfer from the specified account via the established Electronic channel during the respective period.
Transaction limits can be changed in a branch of Swedbank (make sure you have an ID card with you and have the right to represent the client, in case of company's representative, before arriving to the branch). In corporate internet bank, transaction limits per account can be changed by the users with the appropriate user rights administration right.
Please note that additional limits are applied to code cards. Information about them is available here.
'Notification Centre' service
By ordering the 'Notification Centre' service, you will receive information messages about the completed transactions and changes on your bank accounts. It is an excellent tool to control money flows. Business clients can also order this service for their employees.
Information about the charges for the 'Notification Centre' service is available here.
If you have subscribed to messages about transactions, you will be sent a message for transactions that occur on any of your accounts. These messages are purely informative; they are not meant to confirm (do not have probative force of) a transaction (including but not limited to a payment order) made on your account. Only information provided in an account statement about transactions made on the account has probative force.
Monitor your account balance
Monitor money movement on your personal and company's accounts on a regular basis. If you notice anything suspicious, immediately contact the bank by calling 1884 (for private clients) or 1633 (for business clients).
Shop in electronic shops safely
When shopping in electronic shops, be prudent with your personal and financial data. We recommend always following these safety tips:
- Shop in reliable shops only. Buying goods and services at well-known Lithuanian and foreign online shops with good reputation is always safest shopping. Be more critical about unknown sellers, do research on their activities. Internet address of a trustworthy online shop starts with https:// and the beginning of the browser field is coloured green.
- Be careful about discounts. You found a high-quality product for a very low price? Before making a payment, make sure that the company offering the product does exist and is trustworthy. Do not use links to discounts of online shops in advertisements placed on social networks.
- Safe shopping by card. When shopping in foreign online shops, payment by card is the most frequent payment option. In such event you will have to enter your payment card details. Security of payments is certified by special logos, such as '3D Secure', 'Verified by Visa' and 'MasterCard SecureCode', which are used in online shops. If an online shop participates also in 3D Secure program, you may be redirected to internet bank and requested to confirm payment by logging in to internet bank. Information about the operation of Secure internet shopping program is available here.
- Safe payment via electronic banking system. When shopping in Lithuanian online shops, usually you will be redirected to Swedbank internet bank account. You will recognise it from Swedbank logo and internet bank address: https://ib.swedbank.lt/banklink. It shows that payment is made directly via bank systems. Upon entering login details, ready-made payment form will automatically open on the website.
- Paying agents. If online shop redirects you to paying agent's webpage, be careful and pay attention where you enter your internet bank login details. If you enter your internet bank account details on the website of the paying agent, not of the bank, these details become known to the third party. In some cases, the agent makes payment from your internet bank account. In such event, the Bank cannot guarantee data transfer safety or its protection.
If you have any suspicion that you encountered electronic fraudsters, inform us by calling 1884 (for private clients) or 1633 (for business clients).